Timeline - the history at a glance
Foundation of the Kommende Mainau of the Teutonic Order.
1414 - 1418
Council of Constance.
Constance becomes Austrian.
1739 - 1756
After the Mainau was initially sold to Prince Esterhazy, it was bought back by Prince Regent Friedrich, who had a wonderful park laid out. The Mainau becomes the summer residence of the grand ducal family.
Completion of the renovation. The house is now called “Hotel Schiff am See”.
The hotel is acquired by Josef and Resi Thoma and later transferred to their daughter Elisabeth Sobaczinski and her husband Dieter Sobaczinski.
1969 - 1970
Extension and annex for the restaurant towards the lake.
1978 - 1979
Replacement of the part of the house facing away from the lake by a new building with more modern hotel rooms.
1990 - 1991
Renewal of the part of the house facing the lake.
Bader / Heise – wann wie / Renovierungsstau?